- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa Rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tomato sauce prefer: no salt added
- 2 cups water or low-sodium broth
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1 can Black Beans drained
- 1 8 oz Chicken breast chopped into bite sized pieces
- Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add quinoa and stir until slightly browned. (about 2 minutes)
- Add seasonings and stir fry for additional 30 seconds.
- Add broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in chicken and beans. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and cheese and enjoy!
Share this Recipe