- 6 Large Bell Peppers or one for each family member
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Large Tomato, Diced Can Sub 1 cup Diced Tomatoes from a Can
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Flaxseeds
- 1.5 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Slice the tops off of the bell peppers and remove seeds and veins.
- Grate large chunks of cauliflower over a bowl, until the whole head resembles coarse rice. Squeeze out any extra moisture of the cauliflower by placing it in a paper towel or a cloth, if necessary.
- Mix the veggies, flax seed, 1 1/2 cups cheese, and garlic into the cauliflower rice. In a separate bowl, mix together the ground beef and taco seasoning. Dump the ground beef mixture into the cauliflower rice mixture, and combine with your hands.
- Divide mixture evening among the peppers. Pour 2 cups of water into a slow cooker, and turn it on to low. Then place the peppers into the slow cooker and cover. Cook for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to serve turn the temperature up to high. During the last few minutes of cooking, top each pepper with a remaining cheese.
Share this Recipe