I don’t think that I need to tell you that Pumpkin is packed-full with nutrients. The problem with pumpkin is not the pumpkin itself, but the things that we put with it. Think pumpkin spice lattes or pumpkin pie… O but never fear, the Kansas City Dietitian is here to reunite you with your love of pumpkin in this delicious protein-packed smoothie. Plus pumpkins are a technically a vegetable so it’s like eating a delicious veggie for breakfast!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup light canned coconut milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. That’s it! All you have to do is blend away. You can also make this ahead and freeze.