My dad has always modeled healthy eating. He is the guy who orders a salad at the barbecue restaurant; because he truly believes in healthy eating!
This slaw just screams Father’s Day to me.
It is the perfect side dish for your Father’s Day barbecue; just the right amount of sweetness balances the tanginess of lime. If your dad likes spicy bbq like mine does, this slaw will help you keep your cool.
It also makes a great garnish for my spicy chipotle fish tacos.
Avocado Broccoli Slaw
- 1 bag Broccoli Slaw (10-12 oz) – This can be found in the bagged salad section of the grocery store
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (or you could use fresh apples)
- Salt to taste
1. In a blender combine the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, and salt. Blend till smooth.
2. Pour slaw into a large bowl and stir in avocado mixture to coat. Mix in dried cranberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.