[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
- 1 cup Sorghum
- 3 cups water or low-sodium broth
- 3/4 cup tomatoes I used canned fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 medium cucumber about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup mayo or sub for Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Place sorghum and water or broth in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer for 50-60 minutes or until sorghum is tender. Drain excess liquid and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth. Stir dressing into sorghum and top with goat cheese or favorite protein.
Notes: Sorghum unlike other grains does not absorb all the liquid it cooks in, don't try to keep cooking it until the liquid is absorbed. *You can sub the mayo for more Greek yogurt for a slightly more tangy dressing.
Share this Recipe