We all know that we don’t eat enough veggies! Some of the people I talk to say they don’t eat veggies because they don’t know HOW to prepare them. Some of the people I talk to say they don’t eat veggies because they don’t like them, which I would argue, is that they also don’t know how to prepare them.
I shared a recipe on KCTV 5’s, Better Kansas City, that is veggie-filled, easy, and almost fool-proof; in fact, it barely requires a recipe. Nothing should stand in your way of preparing and eating veggies, so I won’t even make you read a recipe, you can just watch the video on how to prepare it, that’s right, no reading required. You can watch it while you are lounging by the pool or shopping at the grocery store. #NoExcuses
Just saving the world one veggie at a time!
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Avocado
- 2-4 Eggs
- Cheese (for garnish)
- Wash and peel the sweet potato, cut into quarter inch slices.
- Place sweet potato slices in a toaster for about 2 rounds, or until it is tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a hot skillet prepare an egg to level of preferred doneness.
- Place avocado slices on sweet potato and top with egg.
- Garnish with cheese, or other shredded veggies and serve immediately.