- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1.5 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add eggs to a large bowl and beat well with a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add in tahini, coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup and beat together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together both flours, salt, baking soda, cream of tarter brown sugar and spices.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet ingredients and mix just until combined. Stir in 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray. For best results, spoon batter into pan, or place batter in a large ziplock bag and snip off a corner to pipe batter into the donut pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Meanwhile, line baking sheet with aluminum foil, spread remaining shredded carrots on and bake for 5-10 minutes, add shredded coconut and bake for another 5 minutes until toasted.
- For frosting: Beat honey and cream cheese together. Add unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Spread frosting onto cooled donuts and top with toasted shredded coconut and carrots.
Share this Recipe