Kansas City Dietitian Gets Lost in Translation
When my website designer starts explaining SEO Packs to me I get confused quickly. When my husband starts explaining medical minutia to me I quickly tune out.
Sometimes Dietitians speak the lingo and just assume people are on board. I designed my Simple Diet with this problem in mind. But, even Wonder Dietitian can sometimes make you wonder.
I have decided to return to the Basics. If you want to lose weight, feel better, be more beautiful and smarter (see #8 below), then this Blog is for you.
We are going to spend some more time talking about Protein.
- Protein is complex and it is broken down in the body complexily. (I love to make up words.)
- Be sure to build each meal around protein.
- Vegetable based protein will help to stabilize blood sugar.
- If you are in a hurry and tempted to skip a meal choose protein over any other food item. Example: if you are rushing out the door in the morning to your very important job, (even more important than the job you already have which is to take care of your one and only body,) and you are tempted to grab a banana or a piece of toast. Don’t! Stop! Carbohydrates raise triglycerides and blood sugar which lead toward heart disease and diabetes.
- Instead of grabbing a carbohydrate alone, grab a hand full of raw almonds or peanuts. Drink a glass of milk or eat a small container of greek yogurt.
- Try to figure out why I numbered these points.
- Review the Healthy Lean Protein List.
- See how many words you can make up today.
- Send me the best ones that you come up with. I will try to write a blog using only made up words. This will be the newest Wonder Woman Challenge.