Stir-Fry Main Dish:
1. Turn on electric skillet or stove top to medium-low.
2. Drizzle 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil into the skillet. Add 3-4 fresh chopped garlic cloves, or 1/2 tsp minced garlic or garlic granules.
3. Slice and chop ¼ cup red pepper, ¼ cup green pepper, ¼ cup onion. (Or use chopped prepared ones.)
4. Add vegetables to oil. Stir and brown for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add one 4 oz serving of meat (use boneless skinless chicken breast or lean ground beef patty or lean small steak or lean center cut pork chop or fresh or frozen fish like salmon or tilapia).
Turn heat to medium or medium high. Grind fresh pepper over top. Cover to brown. Stir frequently. Cook until there is no pink left in the meat This will take 10-15 minutes depending on the size of meat.
Vegetable Side Dish:
While the meat cooks, prepare 1 cup fresh broccoli with the large trunk ends removed. You can prepare fresh asparagus the same way or choose another vegetable; even frozen works well. Place in microwaveable dish. I like to drizzle flavored olive oil (my favorite is orange or lemon) on top before cooking. Add 2 Tbs water. Cover and cook in microwave for 4 minutes (depending on desired tenderness.)
Shake 1 cup of salad from a bag of prepared salad; add a few fresh baby spinach leaves, 4 baby carrots, 4 grape tomatoes and ¼ cup frozen blueberries. Top with homemade salad dressing. Start with 1 Tbs olive oil, add about ½ Tbs vinegar and 1 clove of minced garlic or 1/8 tsp garlic granules; stir well and pour over salad. It takes very little dressing to coat a salad with olive oil. Be gentle to the greens as you mix.
Serve with a healthy drink of hot or iced tea, pomegranate juice, skim milk, or water with lemon.
1-2 oz of dark chocolate
This meal works well for one person. You can easily multiply it for a large family by increasing quantities and the cooking time. It takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.