The only diet book you will ever need. Complete with recipes.
1. Eat three meals each day. Limit snacks to fresh fruit or veggies.
2. Eat your heavier meals for breakfast and lunch with a lighter meal for dinner.
3. Eat two healthy protein choices at each meal or 6-8 choices per day.
Each of the following is a healthy protein choice. Choose 2.
♥ skinless white meat from chicken or turkey, ground turkey breast – 3 oz.
♥ fish (fin)-grilled or baked- cod, flounder, haddock, halibut, trout, tuna, salmon, catfish, tilapia – 3 oz.
♥ shellfish-cooked with no added butter or salt – clam, crab, lobster, scallops, shrimp – 3 oz.
♥ game/other-venison, buffalo, ostrich, goat – 3 oz.
♥ beef-well trimmed-eye round steak, top loin steak, round tip steak, top round steak, tenderloin steak, top
sirloin steak – 3 oz., limit to once weekly
♥ pork-well trimmed-tenderloin, boneless sirloin chop, boneless loin roast, sirloin roast, loin chop, rib chop,
boneless top loin chop – 3 oz., limit to once weekly
♥ fat free or low fat cottage cheese – limit to ½ cup per day
♥ fat free sugar free yogurt – 8 oz. (Try Chobani Greek yogurt)
♥ fat free milk, light soy milk, light almond milk – 8 oz.
♥ cheese-fat free, string, cheese stick, feta, part skim mozzarella, ricotta, farmers, provolone, or alpine lace – 1 oz.
♥ egg whites or egg substitutes – limit yolks to 3 per week
♥ soy meat substitutes, light soymilk, tofu, edamame
♥ raw nuts or seeds-almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds (no salt added) – ¼ cup
♥ natural peanut butter, other nut butter- almond butter etc. – 1 Tablespoon
♥ beans-red, pinto, black, kidney, lentils, split peas etc. – ½ cup
♥ quinoa (Keen-wah) found in specialty food stores) – ½ cup
♥ whey or soy protein powder – 2 Tbsp
4. Choose lots of color for each meal. Eat color first. If your meal is brown-white-cream, it is NOT a healthy meal. Look at your plate and make sure you have something from each of the following 4 color groups. Serving Sizes: 1 cup raw or ½ cup canned or cooked or one small whole (example- 1 small apple).
♥ Blue-Purple – berries, cabbage, onions, beets, eggplant, grapes, plums, radicchio, 2 oz. pomegranate
♥ Red – tomatoes, strawberries, apples, peppers, radishes, bing cherries, watermelon etc.
♥ Orange – sweet potatoes, winter squashes, carrots, apricots, peaches, cantaloupe, etc.
♥ Deep Green – collard greens, kale, turnip greens, broccoli, okra, spinach, lettuces, brussels sprouts,
5. Fill in with 100% whole grain choices, 1-3 servings daily. Serving size: ½ c or 1 slice these include brown rice, bulgur, rolled oats, 100% whole wheat bread, whole grain cereals etc.
6. Drink water, tea or fat free milk.
7. Use Portion Control. Stop eating before you are full.
Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved